Built in the late 1800’s and given as a dowry from the Pittman family to Mr. Albert Eriksen, a Norwegian whaling Engineer, upon marriage to their daughter, Frances, the Eriksen Premises operated for almost a century as a general store. The Eriksens also called the Premises home and operated a tearoom in the current dining room for a number of years. In 1950’s, the Batson family purchased the property and continued operation of the general store until the late 1970’s. After that time, the building lay in disrepair until purchased by Christine Whelan in the early 1990’s and was restored to house a country inn.
Today, the Eriksen Premises has 7 tastefully appointed guest rooms, a casual fine dining restaurant and a gift store featuring Newfoundland produced gifts, preserves, crafts, jewelry, artwork & literature.
EXCITING NEW EXPERIENCES FOR 2023!
THE VINTAGE GRIND
We are excited to announce that we have been busy prepping our giftshop at The Eriksen Premises with a new cafe counter. This season we will be offering delicious espresso based coffee beverages, specialty teas & flavoured lemonades… as well as homemade & prepackaged healthy meal, snack & bakery options from our kitchen for takeout. In addition, we are pleased to offer delicious gourmet picnics to enjoy while you take in the spectacular scenery of Trinity Bight. A fresh selection of goodies from our kitchen will be packed and ready for to take on your al fresco excursion. Advance reservations are required for picnics.
TRI-ECOCYCLE ADVENTURES We are also pleased to offer e-bike & cruiser bike rentals this season from our new bike rental shop located on the lower level of the Eriksen Premises! Starting June 2023, Tri-ecocycle Adventures will offer Aventon Aventure electric fat bikes and Schwinn Beach Cruiser pedal bike for your riding enjoyment in the Trinity Bight area.
The Eriksen Premises is located at 8 West Street, Trinity
Our Guest Rooms at the Eriksen Premises offer…
- Quality sleep sets for a relaxing night
- Village and/or ocean views
- Full ensuites with tub and/or shower
- Cozy duvets and quality linens
- Flat screen cable TV
- Air circulating fans, hairdryers & toiletries package
- Individual thermostat control
- Period furnishings
- Complimentary wireless internet
- Our Spa Suite also offers a king bed, double whirlpool tub & air conditioning
In addition to our guest room amenities, we also offer our guests the following:
- Complimentary deluxe continental breakfast
- Large sitting room with cable television, telephone, books & games table, complimentary self-serve tea & coffee, mini fridge, ice-maker
- Casual evening dining in our licensed restaurant with ocean views
- Large gift shop with a wide selection of local crafts, literature, art, jewellery & clothing
- Patio deck with ocean view seating